Pages

My Heroine

Thursday 23 October 2014

Today is the 91st Birthday of the woman I look up to most in my life. Meet my Gaga! (I couldn't say Gran as a kid and Gaga just stuck!)
Ever since I was a little girl I've spent loads of time with her and she's simply the best Gran anyone could ask for! So here is why she's my heroine:
- Firstly, she's 91 years old and is still as fit as a fiddle! If I make it to 91 I hope to be just like her! She travels the 8 miles from her house to the city centre every day, has a wander around the shops, gets the paper and enjoys a cup of tea in a cafe. It's her secret to staying youthful in old age! 
- She's raised 3 children who've turned out to be intelligent and wonderful people.
- She looked after both me and my brother when we were tiny so my mum could go back to work and have a career. 
- She loves spending time with her grand-children. Every school holiday she would take us into town for the day which always ended with a little treat dinner in Burger King (She had a small chips and a cup of tea every time without fail!) I'm 22 years old and she still believes in giving me £5 pocket money every week so I can have a little treat! 
-She's just hillarious. Her one-liners have me crying with laughter every time! 
- She's always right! You can go to her for advice and whatever she says, it's sure as hell true! 

So a huge happy 91st birthday Gaga! I hope you have a wonderful day, the memories we've made together will stay with me for the rest of my life! 
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS