Pages

Meet Smudge

Friday 28 March 2014

Hello Everyone!
Apologies for the lack of posts the last few weeks! I've been attempting to get my Uni coursework done and it's kinda taken over! I've still got one essay to go which is due on Tuesday so hopefully everything will be back to normal after then!
This post is a little random but I wanted to introduce you all to my little fur baby (who's actually a senior citizen!)
This is Smudge! He's almost 13 years old and has lived with me for the last 10 years! He was abandoned by his previous owners as a kitten and managed to stray for over a year before being put into a cat shelter. When I was 12 I decided I wanted a cat and despite dad saying no, mum took me to the cat shelter to have a little look. I had a wander around and this boys story broke my heart. How could anyone leave a harmless little cat for dead?! I was allowed into his pen to stroke him but he wasn't so keen and tried to scratch me. Despite this, I was determined he would be mine so we took him home the following weekend (Dad wasn't impressed but the ladies in the house overruled him). Ever since that day, he has been my best friend. He follows me everywhere and is constantly curled up in my lap, purring away. I'm definitely his favourite! Smudge has fueled my obsession for all things cat (you might notice I like to buy cat print clothes, socks etc), and I regularly get called the crazy cat lady but I don't care! Smudge means the world to me and I'm honoured to have given him the life he deserves after such a sad start! 

Do you have a special fur baby in your life? I'd love to hear some stories about your pets, just leave me a comment below :) xx 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS