Pages

Hello 2016 !

Friday 1 January 2016

Aloha! Happy New Year! I hope your hangovers aren't too bad this morning and that you all had a wonderful Hogmanay (New Year's Eve for the non-scots readers).


2015 was a great year for me. I got engaged, graduated with a law degree, went to Mexico, and got a graduate job. But did I achieve my 2015 goals?
In my Hello 2015 post, I set myself 4 goals for the year.
1. To save for a mortgage deposit. This one I did not achieve. In fact, my savings account is empty. Oops!
2. To lose 2 stone by May. I achieved half of this by losing 1 stone before we went to Mexico in May. I've put it all back on though! Unfortunately in the latter half of the year I developed a problem with my right knee. I'm currently on a waiting list for an operation to repair damage to my knee which is making exercise difficult!
3. To be more organised. This one I think I have done quite well with! I've had much fewer blogging breaks in 2015, I managed to successfully take part in Blogmas, and at work I like to think I've got a good system going on with colour coding and different trays for different work. I keep a log of what job is in what tray too! Go me! Hopefully I can continue this in 2016!
4. To secure a full time job after Uni. I did achieve this! I had a formal job offer in July to join a firm as a trainee tax accountant (the type of work I wanted to do after uni)! I got the job offer 3 days before graduation so it was lovely to tell my lecturers at graduation that I had a job!

So what are my goals for 2016?
Well...
1. To save £1000 for our wedding. This is going to be difficult as Mikey is currently doing a post graduate so money is a bit tight, but I'm going to give it my best shot. Our wedding is hopefully going to be in 2017 so hopefully we can get our budget together by then!
2. To get fitter. As my knee problems continue into the new year, I'm not going to set myself a weight loss target, but I will aim to be fitter by this time next year. I successfully quit smoking in June 2015 (wasn't even one of my goals but I did it) so at least my lungs are healthier!
3. To blog at least once a week. No blogging breaks allowed this year! January will be difficult as work will be super busy, but hopefully I'll at least manage my weekly posts though!
4. To keep our flat (fairly) tidy. Especially our spare room! I'm not too bad for leaving mess lying around (since we moved house anyway), but our spare room is a bit of a tip most times. I just tend to chuck stuff on the bed and close the door so I can't see it! I'm going to attempt to tidy out all the boxes that are still lying under the bed, then keep the place tidy so we are prepared for any unexpected guests (no more running around mad with the hoover 10 minutes before mum arrives)!

So that's what I want to achieve! Fairly simple things as I don't want to put too much pressure on myself this year as it will be my first full year with no university pressures dragging me down! I want to enjoy 2016.
So let's get this year started with steak pie at mother's house, and seeing my best friend (and maid of honour) who I haven't seen for a whole year (she moved to Aberdeen).

xxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS