Pages

Wedding | Here Comes Bridezilla...

Monday 9 May 2016

Aloha! I can't quite believe that today marks 1 year since Mikey and I got engaged! It's gone so bloody fast and it feels like we've hardly got anywhere with the wedding planning!


I'm trying not to be a bridezilla. It's not a pretty attitude to have really. But sometimes it feels like no one understands what I/we really want from my/our big day.
We said when we got engaged that we weren't going to rush into the wedding and if we were engaged for 4 years then it didn't matter! However, I soon started buying wedding magazine after wedding magazine and the date was about to be set as October 2017. We started looking at venues and that's when people really started sticking their oars in. 
I wanted a nice, small DIY wedding which would (hopefully) allow us to cut some costs. I was going to bake our wedding cake and put my new stand mixer to good use! It was all going to be great. Until people started saying 'oh no, I don't like that venue', 'oh you can't possibly do a DIY wedding' etc etc etc.
So I threw a major bridezilla tantrum and told everyone we were eloping and they weren't invited.
It started out as a bit of a joke, but the more I thought about it, the more I wanted it.
And that's when Mikey suggested New York.
So on 20th May 2017 we will be getting married, on the terrace at Belvedere Castle, Central Park, NYC.
We've decided against going solo though and we will be inviting close family and friends and then having a big party back here a few weeks later for those who can't make it.
Now I just need to keep the bridezilla at bay whilst I deal with all the other planning details!
There's really not enough hours in the day!

Judging by how fast the last year has gone, I'm sure our wedding will be here in no time at all!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS