Pages

MondayMunchies: Sweet Pepper Omelette

Monday 3 November 2014

Hey Everyone! Today I have a tasty recipe for one of my favourite, easy meals! Monday nights are just the worst. You've hardly had any sleep the night before (is it just me who can't sleep on a Sunday night?!) and work has drained any energy you may have had! So this recipe will make your Monday much more relaxed, when you can't be bothered cooking! 
You will need:
3 Large Eggs, 
20g Cheddar (I use 1/2 fat cheddar) 
2 sweet peppers (or 1 normal pepper if you can't get your hands on the sweet ones) 
1tbsp of sunflower oil
Some salad as a side dish. 


Finely grate the cheddar, chop up your sweet peppers and whisk up your eggs (season with salt and pepper) 

Heat the oil in a frying pan, let the eggs cook for about 2-3 minutes, then add the cheese and peppers down one half of the pan (it makes it easier to fold I think)

I use a metal fish slice to get under one side of the omelette and fold over to make a semi circle! 

After letting it cook for another 2-3 minutes to let the cheese melt, serve with a yummy crispy salad! I like to drizzle some white wine vinegar and olive oil over mine to give it a little bit of flavour! I've found my favourite bagged salad is one from Asda called Italian style salad. It has a bit more flavour than your standard bagged salad! (I hate salad but I need to get my 5 a day somehow!)

So there you have it! Such an easy meal to make after a hard day at work! It can be made with almost anything as a filling too! Sometimes we have minted pea and feta cheese in ours too! 
Happy cooking!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS