Pages

EDN // The Glasshouse Hotel

Tuesday 7 July 2015

Aloha! On the 9th May, Mikey and I had our annual end of year uni ball! Little did I know, he has booked us a night in the Glasshouse Hotel, a beautiful 5 star boutique hotel right in the heart of Edinburgh! For 160 years the hotel was a church, then in 2003, Marriott came along and turned it into a wonderful luxury hotel!
On arrival at the hotel, we were informed we had been upgraded to a suite!! And there were more surprises to come! We arrived at our room, where I found flowers, champagne, and an engagement ring!
But less about me, more about the hotel! 
Spacious room! I loved that there was a partition between the sitting area and the bed! And the bed was actually the comfiest bed I've ever slept in. I was so sad to have to get up the next morning! 
All the suites are named after Whiskeys, which is a pretty cool idea.

As you can see, our room looked out onto the rooftop garden, and had a little terrace area for sitting outside! Of course, being Scotland, it was raining on and off all day so you had to choose your moment well! 

I love having a bath in a hotel room. I have no idea why, but it feels extra luxurious when it's not your own home. I know, I'm strange.

Breakfast feast the next morning! We had to get room service because the room was too nice to leave! The breakfast was really good. You can't beat a good fry up after a night out!

And here we were right after getting engaged! This was on the rooftop terrace.

I should also mention the hotel bar! Aptly named the Snug, it's a really nice space to chill in, especially if you can get round the fire! The bar operates an honesty policy after 11pm, which means you can pour your own drinks as long as you fill out tab sheet as you go! 
Because we were in a suite, we were allowed a free whiskey each. I don't drink much whiskey so the hotel were kind enough to let me swap mine for a disaronno! 

If you are looking for a nice, luxury place to stay in Edinburgh city centre, I'd definitely recommend the Glasshouse! 
To book, or for more information, click here

xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS