Pages

My University Experience

Monday 17 November 2014

Aloha everyone! It's that time of year where 17 and 18 year olds are getting ready to apply for university. I thought I'd share my experience of university which might be useful for anyone who is unsure about uni! 


I'm not going to lie to you, Uni is hard! You will spend many a day stuck in the library writing huge essays and suffering from writer's block! However, the benefits are worth it (apparently, I'm not finished yet!)
I am currently in my 4th year of a Law degree at Edinburgh Napier University. Yup it's dissertation year! Law was not my first choice. In fact I actually started a journalism degree but for various reasons I dropped out after 3 months and took 9 months out to consider my options. I ended up starting Law and i'd definitely say it's the right choice for me. Therefore, it is okay if you are unsure about what you want to do! I still don't know where I want to go after Uni! I'm just grateful my degree can take me in various directions! 

University will bring you a whole new group of friends. I've made lots of new friends since starting uni and I hope to stay in touch with most of them when we finish up in 6 months time! 
We have our Law ball every year, in May which is always a great night! 

And you never know, you might just meet your soulmate! When I started university in 2011, I had just gone through a break up with a long term boyfriend. Of course, I was rather upset but my dad told me I would go to Uni and find someone new. And he was right! After only 2 months at Uni, I started dating my other half after he made advances on me at a halloween party! Haha! We've been together 3 years now! 

Any degree is hard work. You have to give up a lot of your free time for studying and it gets harder each year. University is not for everyone but if your prepared to work hard to get where you want to be, I'd say go for it! You will say 'I'm quitting' more times than you can count, but then remember why you are there and get on with the 3000 word essay that's due in 5 hours! And you will make a whole bunch of great friends with whom you will have many great nights out! 
Talking of essays, my dissertation proposal is due on Friday and I currently have 0 words of 2000. I best get back to it! 
Enjoy your Monday everyone! 
xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS