Pages

My Year in Review | 2015

Thursday 31 December 2015

Today is the final day of 2015 and what a year it has been! I've had a rather eventful and exciting year and I hope that 2016 will bring me much more excitement!
I thought I would do a little post today reflecting on the big events that each month has brought (there seems to have been something every month, except September!)

January - At the very start of the year we headed to Amsterdam for a little post christmas break. We had been before and loved it so it was nice to have a few days wandering around a familiar place. You can read my posts on what we got up to HERE and HERE.

February - We had a uni trip to London in February. The main purpose was to visit the Supreme Court, but we managed to cram in plenty of free time! My post about my time in London is HERE.

March - At the very end of March (29th to be precise), my beautiful little niece Elsbeth made her grand entrance into the world! It was a very exciting time and unfortunately Mikey and I were 4 days away from submitting our final dissertations so we didn't get to spend much time with her! We've been making up for it ever since though!

April - As I mentioned above, our final dissertations were handed in in April. My dissertation ended up getting a first! I was so pleased. It really was the most stressful piece of work I've ever had to do!

May - Okay so May gets 2 photos above! The first one was the biggest highlight of the year! We got engaged! We are planning to get married in 2017 but it's going to take a lot of saving and planning (both of which I'm terrible at)! 
A week after we got engaged, we headed off for 2 weeks of all-inclusive luxury in Mexico. It was an amazing holiday and I'd go back in a heartbeat! We called it our engagement-moon!

June - This month saw us move into our new flat! Unfortunately we are still renting but we've got a lovely space now and it's become very homey right away!

July - We graduated! At times it felt like it was never going to happen (4th year was a struggle), but here we are in all our gowned glory!

August - In August I started my graduate job! I am working for a firm of chartered accountants as a trainee tax accountant! It is pretty stressful and hard going but I'm really enjoying it!

October - I know I skipped a month but September was rather dull as I was still settling into my new job and spent my weekends catching up on sleep! In October, Mikey and I celebrated 4 years together with a nice evening in eating homemade Mexican stew! 

November - We spent a long weekend in Dublin, visiting Mikey's family and doing a bit of sightseeing! You can find my Dublin photo diary HERE.

December - This month has been a long one full of festive cheer and spending time with family, especially those I haven't seen in ages!

It's been one heck of a year. Thank you to everyone who reads my blog for being a part of it!
Here's to 2016!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS