Pages

Blogmas Day 17 | The Christmas Tag 2015

Thursday 17 December 2015

Aloha! Last year I did a Christmas tag which I really enjoyed doing so I thought I would do another one for 2015! Here it is!


What is your favourite Christmas film?
The Holiday. Still my favourite although I watched the Polar Express a few weeks ago and that was very good!
Have you ever had a white Christmas?
Yes, living in Scotland it was bound to happen. It was many years ago now though. I'd quite like one this year as my work is closed over the festive period so I wouldn't have to drive in it!Where do you usually spend Christmas?
We spend half of the day with my parents and half of the day with Mikey's parents. Which half of the day depends on whose turn it is to cook dinner!
What is your favourite Christmas song?
Fairytale of New York. I don't think anything will ever beat this song for me.
Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve?

We haven't done in the past, but this year I've made a little box up with new pyjamas, hot chocolates, marshmallows and chocolates which I plan to be opened on Christmas Eve so we can have a cosy evening in!
What Christmas traditions are you most looking forward to this year?
Apart from the obvious spending time with family and eating a huge dinner then rolling away from the table onto the sofa, I'm looking forward to the Downton Abbey Christmas Special. I'm a little bit too excited for it if I'm honest. Many tears will be shed!
Is your Christmas tree real or fake?
Fake unfortunately. I'd love a real tree but it's too much hassle to dispose of after Christmas and it would end up dropping it's needles all over my cream carpet!
What is your all-time favourite Christmas food/sweet treat?
Probably the smoked salmon roulade that my mother produces every year. It's delicious and we never get it at any other time of year so it makes it extra special.
Be honest: Do you like giving gifts or receiving gifts better?
I think the older I get, the more I enjoy giving gifts. I see it as a great challenge each year to find something for everyone that I know they will love. I like to think I'm a good gift buyer!
What is the best Christmas gift you’ve ever received?
This one changes every year. I can never decide. I think last year's present from Mikey of a Husky sled ride was pretty awesome. I'm actually meant to be going on that this weekend! The weather keeps ruining it for us though and it keeps getting cancelled. Typical Scotland!
What would be your dream place to visit for Christmas?
New York? Or Lapland! 
Are you a pro present wrapper, or do you fail miserably?
It is entirely dependant on whether I am in the mood for wrapping, and if your present is one of the last I wrap! The presents I have wrapped so far this year look pretty. The ones I will be wrapping next week, probably not so much!Most memorable Christmas moment?
Last year's Downton Abbey? Nah in all seriousness, probably the year I decided to open a 13 year old bottle of Moet & Chandon Champagne & drink 95% of it. Soz Mum & Dad!Do you make New Years resolutions? Do you stick to them?
I do usually. And I usually fail at them...What makes the holidays special for you?
Seeing family I don't see very often, having time off work to spend with Mikey and just relaxing! (& Downton Abbey. Sorry).What is something new happening this Christmas that you’re excited about?
This is the first year that we have had a baby around at Christmas! Not ours of course, but our Niece Elsbeth! She was born in March so just missed last year's festivities. She's at a nice age now where she's much more aware of what's going on. It will be nice to see her enjoying herself on Christmas day!

I won't tag anyone in particular but feel free to copy and paste these questions onto your blog if you want to do a Christmas tag too!

xxx


1 comment:

  1. Why do I imagine Christmas in Scotland to be magical? I really love the Holiday too - reminds me that I need to get a copy of it to watch this year! Also, I'm the same as you with the fake tree - it's just so much effort to get all those pine needles!

    I'm such a huge Harry Potter and I visited the studio but not since they opened up all the new bits! Your photos are making me want to revisit again eek!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS